Monday, January 26, 2009

Dinner and cake for Glen and Kyle's birthday.






This past Sunday we had a steak dinner to celebrate Glen and Kyle's birthday. Mom, Dad, (Grandma and Grandpa to some) Susan, Glen (of course), Kyle (great to have him there), Eric and Gabie, Mike and his new "interest" Xochi and myself were all in attendance. After dinner we played a little bit of progressive rummy then about half way through we stopped to eat cake. I took only a few pictures (okay just 5) but my main goal was to get a picture of Xochi. I told Mike that it was very nice to meet her. He warned her a little bit about the family and that when we played cards we could get a little loud and roudy.....afterwards she told him that her family was louder....I answered him back and told him we were on our best behavior. Dad told here that next time she would have to talk a little more.......she promised she would. Susan told her not to judge us too harshly. Mom called her "sushi" a couple of times!! She didn't mind cuz it happens all the time. She is tall, about 5' 9", shoulder length hair and very pretty. He told me they have a great time with her when they go out. She even got him to go dancing!!!!! We'll see what happens.
The picture of Glen and Kyle blowning out the candles was after the fact. I wasn't ready with my camera....so I made them pose. The picture with Susan extending her arm is when Xochi told us that it was her birthday on Saturday and Ssan was telling her that she should of told us so we could sing to her also......As you can tell Eric is always ready for a picture. Nothing shy about him. Gabie would rather take pictures than have her picture taken. Mike seems like he is beaming!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. woo hoo, way to go uncle mike for getting a blog!!! I so miss you and family birthday parties. everyone looks well.

    loves

    ReplyDelete